Thursday 7 June 2012

To Save Or To Bin???

Do I save this quilt???






I started this about 10 odd years ago.


It was supposed to be finished for our first wedding anniversary back in 2004. This quilt has moved house three times. While we were in Whyalla I didn't have a lot of storage space so I stored it under the bed wrapped in an old doona cover. Well my puppy thought it would be a good place for her own personal toilet...grrr!! So it is in very desperate need of TLC (tender loving care)it has gotten very bedraggled around the outside where the excess batting is,as you can see at the bottom of the picture above.


While my mum and I were sandwiching it we noticed a problem with the border. For some reason, the borders don't want to sit flat... kind of reminds me of ruffle. At this point we had already pinned and basted the baulk of it. An executive decision  made that we continue and that I would quilt it as far the borders and then work out what the problem is and how best to fix it.


So far I have stitched in the ditch both horizontally and vertically. 
I have hand quilted around half of the hearts, with a little less than half to go.


So I ask do I save it or do I bin it????


Any and all advice will be appreciated.


Desperate quilter needing advice


3 comments:

Beeshebags said...

DON'T YOU DARE BIN IT....NOT AFTER ALL THAT WORK YOU'VE ALREADY PUT IN IT. Between you, Ma and myself, we can salvage it....I promise.

Hugs
The Evil One

Sharina said...

I think I should be scared... you didn't have to yell at me lol.Thanks hun without you cheering me on I would fall to the way side. xxoo

Joanne said...

Oh save it for sure. Besides being lovely! It has memories of working on it with your Mom. It took me ten years to finish one for my daughter because of wrinkles in the border, finally she told me, "I don't care about the wrinkles! I just want my OWN quilt from my Mother!" So I went ahead, and worked 'most' of them out and gave it to her for Christmas. The smile on her face when she opened that gift was priceless. I say Save it!